Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Happy Birthday....

to the Chief Petty Officer!

Today, will be a fun day for Ethan... NOT! :):) (I do think he will have fun, I'm just kidding...)
He Must Wear His Khakis with Combo Cover ALL DAY! hahahahahahaha
(Maybe i will plan a dinner out, hehehe!)
He got up before sunlight and head to Yokosuka base.
He will be taking a run around the Yokosuka Navy Base with a bunch of CPO's.
(Mostly Shore duty, but Sea Duty CPO's are invited too!)
After the run they will do some other activities, and then attend a cake cutting.
I just wanted to say--->
Happy Birthday Eric, Darrin, Woody, Ethan & All CPO's in the US NAVY! ;)
I love you honey, and am very proud of all you do for the us & the US Navy.

"I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: "I served in the United States Navy"" -JFK

Some information about a CPO, if you are interested.
The Grade of Chief Petty Officer was established on April 1, 1893 for the Navy.
Advancement to Chief Petty Officer not only carries requirements of time in service, superior evaluation scores, and specialty examinations, but also carries an added requirement of peer review.
A Chief Petty Officer can only advance after review by a selection board of serving Senior and Master Chief Petty Officers, in effect "choosing their own".
Advancement into the Chief Petty Officer grades is the most significant promotion within the enlisted naval ranks.
The "Chief" is required to be a fountain of wisdom, the ambassador of good will, and the authority on personnel relations as well as the technical expert.
If you need to know anything else about a CPO ... You'll have to ASK THE CHIEF!

2 comments:

Rachele M, RN said...

HOLY CRAP! ETHANS A CHIEF??????

I did not know this!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

I'm so excited. When did this happen? I feel so out of the loop.

Navy Chief Family said...

Yeah hubby told me it was their birthday the other day. they got steak and lobster for lunch...he said for once the lobster was pretty good. I don't think the base here did anything special...ugh the joys of being in sasebo.